ZERO TOLERANCE FOR RANGE EQUIPMENT VANDALISM. ANYONE PURPOSELY SHOOTING RANGE EQUIPMENT/SHOTGUN TRAP HOUSES, BUILDINGS, SIGNS, WINDFLAG POLES, SHOOTING OVER BERMS WILL BE BANNED. IF YOU SEE ANYONE DOING SAID GET THEIR NAME AND MEMBERSHIP NUMBER AND REPORT INCIDENT TO ROCKYGUNCLUB@GMAIL.COM
EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION ARE MANDATORY
ALL CHILDREN, REGARDLESS OF AGE MUST HAVE A VALID GUEST PASS OR BE A FAMILY MEMBER FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, YOUNG CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE LEFT IN VEHICLE UNATTENDED.
SHOTGUNNERS: Please refrain from completely destroying all of the target boards on range C & J. There is a large patterning board on range K. Bring your own large paper or cardboard and pattern your shotgun there. We are having to change all the target boards 2-3 times a week and this is getting too expensive and time consuming for the maintenance man. If you use range C use the available target stands and survey stakes to staple your patterning target to and use that. If you want to set up clays along the berms set them up within 3m of the berms (t the bottom of the backstops NOT the top!
RANGE B CARBINE AND RIFLE SHOOTERS
If you are shooting clays or balloons secure them to the target boards or place them at the bottom of the berms NOT THE TOP. There has been evidence of members placing clays near the top of the backstops above the target boards, this is a huge safety risk as rounds could skip off the tops of the berms and leave the range/ricochet, if you see anyone doing this please educate them to the dangers/placing clays or any other target near the tops of backstops above the target boards will result in disciplinary action and possible loss of membership.
Rocky Rod and Gun Club Rules
- All members and guests must sign in the log book located inside Range A clubhouse.
- Membership cards and guest passes should be displayed in plain sight while at the range.
- NO alcohol or drugs at the range.
- All firearms must be unloaded except on the firing line.
- Everyone must be behind the firing line before shooting commences.
- Rifles must be unloaded and left with actions open standing upright on racks
provided behind firing line whenever anyone is down range
(cease fire is in effect).
- Ensure that the range hot light is off, put on a fluorescent vest and place fluorescent
orange cease fire cone on shooting bench before going down
- NO Tannerite allowed on gun range.
- NO Smoke grenades or any type of pyrotechnics whatsoever.
- NO firearms will be handled when a cease fire is called.
- If more than 2 shooters arrive at the range, they must agree on who will act as Range
Safety Officer (RSO).
- All commands of the Range Safety Officer are to be obeyed.
- Anyone contravening the rules will be dealt with by the disciplinary committee and may
have their membership revoked.
- Persons under age 18 may only use the range with adult supervision (within arms
- Range or portions thereof may be closed during organized events or maintenance
activities - Check with the shoot director or maintenance people if
other options are available.
- Improvised reactive targets are discouraged - If you use them, you
must place the targets within 3 metres directly in front of berms and they must be removed from the range before leaving.
- Respect the Facilities and equipment located at the range - Treat them as if they were
- In case of emergency call 911 - Land Description is SE-25-39-8-W5.
- Hours of operation 9:00 am to 9:00 pm or sunset.
- Report any accident/incidents immediately to the gun club e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org so the directors are informed.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE AMMO ON RANGES D-J
- Please pick up your spent brass, and remove targets. Cleaning up after yourselves cuts down on maintenance costs.
- Be safe, enjoy the facilities and remember to have fun.