ALL NEW MEMBERS MUST READ AND REVIEW RANGE SAFETY ORIENTATION AS A CONDITION OF MEMBERSHIP.
NEW MEMBERS MUST ALSO REVIEW THE FOLLOWING PAGES ON THIS WEBSITE:
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL AT
ALL CHILDREN, REGARDLESS OF AGE MUST HAVE A VALID GUEST PASS OR BE A FAMILY MEMBER FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, YOUNG CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE LEFT IN VEHICLE UNATTENDED.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR RANGE EQUIPMENT VANDALISM. ANYONE PURPOSELY SHOOTING RANGE EQUIPMENT/SHOTGUN TRAP HOUSES, BUILDINGS, SIGNS, WINDFLAG POLES, SHOOTING OVER BERMS WILL BE BANNED. IF YOU SEE ANYONE DOING SAID GET THEIR NAME AND MEMBERSHIP NUMBER AND REPORT INCIDENT TO ROCKYGUNCLUB@GMAIL.COM
EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION ARE MANDATORY
Rocky Rod and Gun Club Rules
- All members and guests must sign in the log book located inside Range A clubhouse.
- Membership cards and guest passes should be displayed in plain sight while at the range.
- NO alcohol or drugs at the range.
- All firearms must be unloaded except on the firing line.
- Everyone must be behind the firing line before shooting commences.
- Rifles must be unloaded and left with actions open standing upright on racks
provided behind firing line whenever anyone is down range
(cease fire is in effect).
- Ensure that the range hot light is off, put on a fluorescent vest and place fluorescent
orange cease fire cone on shooting bench before going down
- NO Tannerite allowed on gun range.
- NO Smoke grenades or any type of pyrotechnics whatsoever.
- NO firearms will be handled when a cease fire is called.
- If more than 2 shooters arrive at the range, they must agree on who will act as Range
Safety Officer (RSO).
- All commands of the Range Safety Officer are to be obeyed.
- Anyone contravening the rules will be dealt with by the disciplinary committee and may
have their membership revoked.
- Persons under age 18 may only use the range with close adult supervision.
- Range or portions thereof may be closed during organized events or maintenance
activities - Check with the shoot director or maintenance people if
other options are available.
- Improvised reactive targets are discouraged - If you use them, you
must place the targets within 3 metres directly in front of berms and they must be removed from the range before leaving.
- Respect the Facilities and equipment located at the range - Treat them as if they were
- In case of emergency call 911 - Land Description is SE-25-39-8-W5.
- Hours of operation 9:00 am to 9:00 pm or sunset, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST
- Report any accident/incidents immediately to the gun club e-mail at
email@example.com so the directors are informed.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE / STEEL JACKETED AMMO ON RANGES D-J
- Please pick up your spent brass, and remove targets. Cleaning up after yourselves cuts down on maintenance costs.
- Be safe, enjoy the facilities and remember to have fun.