ZERO TOLERANCE FOR RANGE EQUIPMENT VANDALISM. ANYONE PURPOSELY SHOOTING RANGE EQUIPMENT/SHOTGUN TRAP HOUSES, BUILDINGS, SIGNS, WINDFLAG POLES, SHOOTING OVER BERMS WILL BE BANNED. IF YOU SEE ANYONE DOING SAID GET THEIR NAME AND MEMBERSHIP NUMBER AND REPORT INCIDENT TO ROCKYGUNCLUB@GMAIL.COM
EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION ARE MANDATORY
ALL NEW MEMBERS MUST READ AND REVIEW RANGE SAFETY ORIENTATION AS A CONDITION OF MEMBERSHIP.
NEW MEMBERS MUST ALSO REVIEW THE FOLLOWING PAGES ON THIS WEBSITE:
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL AT
ALL CHILDREN, REGARDLESS OF AGE MUST HAVE A VALID GUEST PASS OR BE A FAMILY MEMBER FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, YOUNG CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE LEFT IN VEHICLE UNATTENDED.
Rocky Rod and Gun Club Rules
- All members and guests must sign in the log book located inside Range A clubhouse.
- Membership cards and guest passes should be displayed in plain sight while at the range.
- NO alcohol or drugs at the range.
- All firearms must be unloaded except on the firing line.
- Everyone must be behind the firing line before shooting commences.
- Rifles must be unloaded and left with actions open standing upright on racks
provided behind firing line whenever anyone is down range
(cease fire is in effect).
- Ensure that the range hot light is off, put on a fluorescent vest and place fluorescent
orange cease fire cone on shooting bench before going down
- NO Tannerite allowed on gun range.
- NO Smoke grenades or any type of pyrotechnics whatsoever.
- NO firearms will be handled when a cease fire is called.
- If more than 2 shooters arrive at the range, they must agree on who will act as Range
Safety Officer (RSO).
- All commands of the Range Safety Officer are to be obeyed.
- Anyone contravening the rules will be dealt with by the disciplinary committee and may
have their membership revoked.
- Persons under age 18 may only use the range with close adult supervision.
- Range or portions thereof may be closed during organized events or maintenance
activities - Check with the shoot director or maintenance people if
other options are available.
- Improvised reactive targets are discouraged - If you use them, you
must place the targets within 3 metres directly in front of berms and they must be removed from the range before leaving.
- Respect the Facilities and equipment located at the range - Treat them as if they were
- In case of emergency call 911 - Land Description is SE-25-39-8-W5.
- Hours of operation 9:00 am to 9:00 pm or sunset, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST
- Report any accident/incidents immediately to the gun club e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org so the directors are informed.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE / STEEL JACKETED AMMO ON RANGES D-J
- Please pick up your spent brass, and remove targets. Cleaning up after yourselves cuts down on maintenance costs.
- Be safe, enjoy the facilities and remember to have fun.